Friday, June 20, 2008

Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy


Cross My Heart and Hope to Spy by Ally Carter

I found this sequel of I’d Tell You I Love, but Then I’d Have to Kill You actually better than the first book. Readers are brought back to Gallagher Academy, in this book about teenage girl spies, a few weeks after the last book ended. Cammie “the Chameleon” Morgan is dealing with the aftermath of her ill-fated romance with normal townie Josh and the fact that something is going on at Gallagher that she has not been informed about.

This time Cammie is facing not only a broken heart, but a secret that could change Gallagher Academy and its girls forever. Cammie and her friends will have to once again put their spy skills to the test as they figure out what the headmistress, Cammie’s mother, is hiding. I don’t want to give it away, but the secret is sure to thrill loyal female readers and have them begging for yet another book in this series.

On the relationship front, Cammie will have to use all of her girl skills, as lacking as they are, to deal with the fact that she can no longer see Josh (government order). Let’s just say that becomes harder than she thinks it will be. Once again, female readers will enjoy seeing the typical teenage girl side of Cammie, but without the amount of angst that was in the previous book.

I highly recommend this book to girls of all ages, just make sure you read the first book first or you may be completely lost.

No comments: