Monday, July 23, 2007

Forever in Blue


Forever in Blue by Ann Brashares


The last book of the Sisterhood of the Traveling Pants series. Even though it is sad to see them go, it really was time. However, with that being said, I must say that this book wasn't the best way to say good-bye.

Unlike the previous three books, this book has a definitely more mature theme to it. Young readers be advised. Maybe Brashares was trying to have her books grow in maturity just as its characters did, similar to Harry Potter. Even if that is the case, I didn't want to know as much about the four's sex lives as I learned.

This book was less about the Sisterhood and more about each girl's love life. I believe it is important for young adult books to discuss sex and it is something young girls like to read about, however I don't think that the attitudes in this book matched those of the previous three.

My overall opinion is that the end of the book was a great farewell to a beloved series, the rest of the book was not a part of the series. It should have become a different book. Just as Meg Cabot did with the American Girl duo, I think that Brashares used this book discuss teen sexuality instead of talking about the friendship of four girls.

No comments: