Thursday, July 17, 2008

Confessions of a Teen Nanny: Rich Girls


Confessions of a Teen Nanny: Rich Girls by Victoria Ashton

If you have read previous entries in this blog, then you know at least one thing, I am a sucker for sequels. I can't get enough of them. If it was me every book would have at least one. That is the reason I completely devoured this book after reading Confessions of a Teen Nanny.

SPOILER ALERT: DO NOT READ FURTHER IF YOU HAVEN'T READ THE FIRST BOOK OR DO NOT WANT TO KNOW WHAT HAPPENS

This book takes place one week after the previous book ended and we once again find Adrienne and Liz babysitting the same spoiled kids. This book evolves around Adrienne trying to win her boyfriend back and Cameron trying to win Deb of the Year. To top it all off Liz, is worried that something is going on with Parker behind her back.

With the same poor girls in a rich girl world theme of the last book, this book leaves New York City for the snowy slopes of Aspen. It also introduces the new character of Grumpus, an imaginary friend with way too much power. The book also leaves the reader hanging at the end, prompting them to go out and read the third book in this series, Confessions of a Teen Nanny: Juicy Secrets. I can assure you that in the near future you will see a review of this third book on this blog.

I have really enjoyed this series so far, except for one thing. I keep wondering why these rich families are hiring teenage (high school) girls to watch their kids instead of college students or professionals. It is explained that the Warners can't get anyone, but I can't believe they scraped the bottom of the barrel yet. It leaves me to believe that this book might have been written just to be sold to the YA market; I hope that this is not the case.

Warning: Contains teenage alcohol and drug use.

No comments: